Job Title: Facilitator
Requisition No. DOL.1065
Job Type: Non-Exemp
Management Support Technology, Inc. (MSTI) is accepting resumes for a part-time Facilitator/Trainer to conduct Department of Labor Career Transition Workshops. Facilitators will conduct workshops for transitioning military personnel and their spouses to provide necessary information and skills needed to secure meaningful and successful careers within the civilian labor force and to learn about credentialing and vocational training programs. Successful candidates will facilitate 2-3 workshops a month or as needed. Workshops are 2 and 3 days in length (daytime hours). Willingness to travel to other nearby installations as required. Recruitment is limited to the local commuting area, within 50 miles of military installation. This position may require some traveling to other military installations as needed.
Facilitators deliver multi-day career transition workshops to separating, retiring, and Wounded Warrior service members utilizing standardized curriculums that may include topics focused on:
- Self-Appraisal Interest Profile
- Career Decision Making
- Identifying Job Goals
- Selection of Technical Fields and Training Schools
- Credential, License and Certificate Programs
- Job Search Techniques
- Translating Military Experience to Civilian Language
- Marketing Transferrable Skills
- Resume Preparation
- Interviewing Skills
- Dress for Success
- Professional Networking
- Job Offer and Salary Negotiations
Other Essential Functions
- Attend required program training sessions.
- Complete required documentation including, but not limited to, workshop attendance reports, evaluation forms, and other workshop reports.
Required Education and Skills
- Associates Degree required, or 3 years’ experience as a professional trainer/facilitator.
- Experience to demonstrate and understanding of the U.S. labor market and private and public sector employment processes.
- This could be an excellent opportunity for military spouses or veterans living in the area.
- Experience as a trainer/facilitator/instructor.
- Excellent oral communication ability and dynamic, interactive presentation skills. A training demonstration will be required as part of the interview.
- A keen observer of behavior, interpreters of non-verbal behavior and engaged listeners, possessors of an innate sensitivity to unspoken needs and acutely attuned to gauging the comfort of all participants.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to enter US military bases and buildings; this may require passing a background check.
- Must own a computer, cell phone, have email capability and be proficient in MS Word and Power Point.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Education, Career Counseling, HR or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience delivering job search or transition assistance workshops is preferred.
- Knowledge of the military and experience working with military clients is preferred.
Management Support Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled